Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 11, Out of the Wilderness

July 24
114.5 down, 2071.4 to go
We made it out of the 100 mile wilderness! Hooray!
Let us tell you, it has never felt soo good to shower! And eat a big, fat juicy burger you've been dreaming about for the last week.
The wilderness has been tough. The trail isn't easy, but any ordinary man's terms, but again, it's a mental challenge and it's how you think of it. NotYet and I are both in good physical shape, healthy and ready for whatever terrain the trail brings, but it will be a test of how we endure the hardships along the way.
We are staying at Shaw's tonight to resupply and enjoy a nice easy day tomorrow, since we haven't had a day off since starting. NotYet stepped onto the scale...He dropped 12 pounds. I stepped on, half expecting to have lost 20....nothing. Oh, the joys of being a woman. If anything, I've gained muscle....Is it just me looking down at the trail all day, noticing my legs...Or do my calves look DARN good?
It is so nice to catch up with family and friends! NotYet and I are out for the night... Splitting a half gallon of Moose Tracks ice cream. We saw so many moose tracks on the trail that it's only right to celebrate...right?....RIGHT?
Shaw's, the people here are wonderful!
Clean clothes to wear while yours wash? Please! Love the hiker chic sign!

Our hiker chic clothes and water crossing shoes.
Lake in Monson

2 comments:

  1. I've loved reading about your last week and a half. It's like I can hear your voice! Your descriptions are wonderful! I love you both so much and wish I was there.
    PS Ethan's starting to look creepy with his mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your mom posted a link to your blog! It's nice to catch up on your journey. Your Lake Tapps family is praying for you and cheering you on!! -Laurie

    ReplyDelete